I feel truly blessed to be a part of this school community. I strive to make the curriculum challenging, engaging, and relevant to the students. I do this by creating lessons that are hands-on and interactive that meet the needs of a diverse community of learners. I include technology whenever possible to keep my lessons exciting. I hope to inspire my students to be lifelong learners and to make positive choices by being a role model in their lives.
Highlights of 5th grade include:
– The Seven Sacraments of the Catholic Church
– Multiplication and division of decimals and fractions, geometry, and problem solving
– History of the United States of America
– Simple Machines, Landforms, Variables, Marvelous Machines, and Environments
– The Daily Five activities, Accelerated Reading, Daily Oral Language, grammar, journal writing, essays, and novel studies